It's no secret that the BMW N54 motor suffers from serious oil control problems causing oil to blow through and coat the intercooler and charge piping, gunking up intake valves and the VANOS system, lowering the effective octane, and generally degrading engine performance. The higher your boost levels the more apparent these problems become.
The solution to this problem has finally arrived. The BMS oil catch can. While there are other catch cans on the market they all fall short in various areas. Some are mounted on the hot/turbo side of the motor preventing proper vapor condensation. Others utilize hoses that are too small and runs that are too long to allow proper PCV ventilation causing internal motor / ring sealing issues. Some have insufficient or no internal baffle system while others have internal baffles systems that are too restrictive for the N54 motor. Most are simply repackaged oil catch cans from smaller / lower power motors shoe horned in to place in the N54 engine bay.
To solve these problems BMS designed their oil catch can kit from the ground up specifically for the N54 application. It features 100% CNC machining with zero welding for a precision fit and long life. The hoses exceed the OEM PCV piping in diameter and that flow rate is maintained throughout the entire oil catch can ensuring no excessive crankcase pressure buildup. The mounting location is out of the way under the cowl allowing for shorter lines, more efficient operation, and a very stealthy look. Install takes around 20 minutes, includes all required hardware, and is 100% reversible. Simply unscrew the base of the can to empty it's contents every 3-6 months.
BMS Oil Catch Can Features
• Increases Air Intake Efficiency
• Promotes Engine Longevity
• Non-Clogging Air/Oil Separation Double Baffle
• Free Flow Solid Design
• Large Intake / Exhaust No Tapering Down
• Stealth Mounting on Cool Side of the Motor
• Anodized Black Lightweight Aluminum
• Mounts Out of Sight Under the Cowl
BMW 1 Series
• 2008-2013 E82 Coupe 135i / 1M
BMW 3 Series
• 2006-2011 E90 Sedan 335i / 335xi
• 2006-2011 E91 Touring 335i / 335xi
• 2006-2013 E92 Coupe 335i / 335xi / 335is
• 2007-2013 E93 Convertible 335i / 335xi
• 2013-2014 F30 Sedan 320i / 320xi
• 2012-2014 F30 Sedan 328i / 328xi
BMW 5 Series
• 2008-2010 E60 Sedan 535i / 535xi