Introducing our new, long awaited Competition Series Front Mount Intercooler (FMIC) System! Over a year of development and testing with our 135i Time Attack Race Car, our Competition FMIC is now ready. With the scorching heat found on Southern California racetracks, we pushed our 135i Time Attack Race Car to the limits in 100+ degree weather on numerous occassions. The results were 6 design revisions improving cooling efficiency and internal flow characteristics to introduce you to the ultimate intercooler solution for your 135i, 1M, and 335i!
- Large 20"x5.5"x6" (26.5"x5.5"x6" with end tanks) High Density Bar & Plate Construction Intercooler Core.
- Cast end tanks for improved durability and internal flow characteristics.
- Mirror polished finish on intercooler assembly and piping.
- Optional Type III Hard Black Anodizing (for stealth) finish on intercooler, end tanks and all piping. Hard anodizing helps improve durability of intercooler fins against damage from road debris (rocks).
- Complete all aluminum intercooler piping, replaces all OEM rubber hoses with hard piping for improved throttle response and faster boost spool up.
- Impoved intercooler inlet and outlet pipes for better flow characteristics.
- Intercooler piping features beaded ends, silicone "hump" hoses and T-bolt clamps to prevent intercooler piping from coming off from boost.
- Optional Carbon Fiber Shrouding to direct airflow through the intercooler for improved efficiency.
- Maintains ALL factory components.
- Includes all hardware needed to install.
- Developed under the harsh conditions of the ER 135i Race Car.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
The heart of the ER Competition FMIC is the massive 20â€x5.5"x6â€ (26.5â€x5.5"x3â€ with end tanks) high density bar and plate intercooler core. It features 660 cubic inches of very efficient high density bar & plate core (35% larger) versus the factory 425 cubic inches of less efficient tube & fin core. Through extensive testing of different types of intercooler cores (tube & fin, bar & plate) we found that the high density bar and plate core to be the most efficient. Independent testing (all data & dynos shown below have been independently conducted by our customers) has shown that our FMIC is so efficient in cooling that it has cooled intake air temperatures (IAT) to almost ambient (outside) temperatures. We also did extensive testing on the proper size to use to effectively cool the hot charged air as well as fight off â€œheatsoakingâ€ (when the intercooler cannot transfer heat away faster than the heat building up from the hot intake air). â€œHeatsoakingâ€ is not an issue at all as shown by consistency of the IAT staying in the same temperature range throughout the WHOLE RPM powerband. Also our FMIC recovers so fast after a full throttle pull that once you shift, it recovers completely. This is why pull after pull, our FMIC does not â€œheatsoakâ€. Beat on it all day long and the IATâ€™s will consistently be near ambient temperatures. Our Competition FMIC is just what it is, designed for competition. The other intercoolers may be adequate if you lived your life a Â¼ mile at a time (with hours between runs to cool down), they will definitely â€œheatsoakâ€ under harsher conditions like road racing where youâ€™re at full throttle for at least 20 minutes. With numerous laps around our local racetracks in 100+ degree weather, heatsoak is not a problem on our 135i Time Attack race car. With it's size and ability to support over 600hp, it is most likely the "last intercooler you will ever buy".
Please enter a valid email address.
This field is required.